Monday, August 6, 2007

Bader

Djina is on the next computer blogging. Next to her is a local man who has just sung Me and Bobby McGee accompanied by Kris Kristopherson. Now he is watching professional wrestling and cheering, loudly, for a guy name Bader. The Internet has something for everyone.

A conversation recorded verbatim (mas or menos) on the bikes:
Solomon- Let's play the laughing game.
Yonah- No.
Solomon- C'mon.
Yonah- (with anger) No.
Solomon- Why not?
Y- (exasperated) Because you always laugh. All I have to do is say shit or damn and you laugh.It's not fun.
S- I don't.
Y- (angry and exasperated) You do. Now leave me alone.
S- I don't laugh at everything.
Y - (much more angry and exasperated) Solomon, you do!
S- No I don't. I'm mature now.

An insight from Boonville: I just took my second shower of the day. The heat doesn't bother you as you ride. It's the sweat/air conditioning factor, but stop for minute and you can't believe you're actually going to get on the bike and ride in the heat/humidity. The locals just think we're out of our minds. They're right of course. I'm reminded of when I wheel The Beast out to the street at the start of the day. I say, "There is no way Solomon and I are going to propel this thing up the mountains." But though it doesn't seem possible, we mount our steed, and once we start up, we just do it. I wonder how many things in life are like this, at the start you say, "No way, impossible," but you just go for it and find you can. Unfortunately, I know I'm guilty of not attempting many things in life because they seem "impossible." Maybe this impossible trip has changed that.

Seems like Bader won his match.
Matt

No comments: