Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday August 13th Charlottsville!!!!

We are taking rest day here in Charlottesville. We DID finish the Blue Ridge Parkway and it was spectacular. We are out of the mountains. We went to Monticello with the boys this morning. I've never been and it was just amazing. Now the boys are at the Simpson's movie and Matt and I are blogging. I have only 11 min. left. I wanted to go back to where I left off because so many things happened but I won't get far on 11 min.
We are staying with some friends here in Charlottesville tonight and then heading out for DC tomorrow. It should take us two days. I think our hotel in DC has a computer in the lobby so I'll finish up there.
Here are some bullet points of things I don't want to forget to tell you:
*my 16 mile ride with Johnny from the place my bike finally gave it's last gasp and threw me for the third and final time, to Lexington, where the bike shop was..and where my bike was repaired..including a new chain to replace the broken one. It needs a new sprocket set too, but the guy didn't have the right size so I'm riding on the power of prayer..so far so good.
*the girl and mother on the porch in the morning....this is the funniest of the lot
*the boy and his dad on identical ride on mowers
*Jefferey Callassen
*the guy who stopped and tried to help fix my bike but couldn't so let us swim in his pool and drink iced tea when it was 105 degrees!!!! Raymond! He reminded me of Peter Foster. More about him later..He was incredible.
*The Pink Panther- what is the connection between the pink panther and Virginia? Anyone with the correct answer(or any answer I guess) gets a valuable prize!!!!
*The shaved ice lady
*The bike shop in Radford
*The crazy chicken at Camp Bethel
*The cafe in Lexington where they LINED up to sign our petition...passing it from person to person!!! I'm not even exaggerating.
*The Roasted Red Pepper and Smoked Gouda soup at said cafe.
*The ranger that busted us camping illegally (AGAIN!!!!) but turned out to be so cool and found us an even better spot just 100 yrds. away..still not legal except he told all the other rangers not to bug us!!! He was also funny enough that he said "now don't git me started on Bear Hunters!!! They's just an inbreed apart."
Yikes, times up....
I love you!!!!
Djina

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh, your bike THREW YOU?? As in bad falls? I guess you're fine cause you didn't say otherwise. I can imagine you are dreaming of all the hot baths and showers you will take, all the time you will spend in the Hearts and Hands hot tub, after all those hose showers. You've got tales to tell the grandkids now, about those twin mowers. .

Love,
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Your bullet points are intriguing! You're going to be blogging into October (I wish)! I'm so glad you are voicing all the wonderful wishes and desires you'll be fulfilling so very soon...Enjoy the rest of the ride and I wish I could see you all arrive at your final destination!

Love, Teri

Matt Biers-Ariel said...

Oh man....I've thought so much about Heart and Hands this trip...well, not so much the place but all of us up there, together, doing Yoga, eating good food, being inspired and loved up by one another....sigh....do I really have to wait until Nov? I am planning a Janet-In-House special in Sept. You can come.
Teri-NO blogging into Oct. I'm going to have to wean myself off the computer. I have a garden to get in order, babies to catch, children to set straight,bees to keep, recipes to master, friends who need lots of love and care, Harry Potter to finish.....I'll chain myself to my bed with just a pot to barf in and one to pee in, if I need to...but I will NOT be blogging in Oct.
L,
D

gteamhj said...

Hi,
The adventures...wow.
What's the blog point about Jeffrey Callison--the host of Insight at KXJZ? He's been great about interviewing local folks doing wonderful things--that would be you guys. Looking forward to even more stories.
Love,
Lyra

Anonymous said...

Djina,
Thanks for the bullets...you know i don't have time to read everything you write....kind of like when you used to hilight the important parts of your letters to danny.
xx,
k.